Did you know that Valentine’s Day is t minus 10 days away and counting? That’s right people. It’s time to start perusing the heart-decorated, pink cards and saving up for the only bouquet of red roses you might buy this year. I know that many people poo-poo the idea of Valentine’s day.
Men and women around the world proclaim that this day was invented by the card companies to make a quick buck. In fact, valentines date back to 5th century Rome and was established as a holiday in 500AD. Well before Hallmark was founded in 1910. Why is Valentine’s Day on February 14th, you ask? It’s because Valentine’s Day is in honor of Father Valentine, who defied Roman law and married couples in the Lord’s name. February 14th is the day that Saint Valentine was executed. Before his execution, Father Valentine wrote a note to his lover and signed it “from your Valentine” and Valentine’s day cards were born.
How do I know all of these random Valentine’s Day facts you ask? Well, it’s courtesy of H&S Candies and their Heart of Valentine’s widget. The widget below has great historical facts about Valentine’s, as well as ideas for parties, sweet recipes, and other tips.
If you want to pick up a box of H&S Candies, you can buy them at your local WalMart. Now’s a great time to buy since H&S Candies is donating a portion of all of their Valentine’s sales to Compassion International.
H&S Candies Giveaway Widget
H&S Candies Online
- Visit the H&S Candies Website
- “Like” H&S Candies on Facebook
- Follow H&S Candies on Twitter
- Buy H&S Candies online or at your local Walmart
The WiC Project H&S Candies Giveaway
The Prize: One winner will receive a full box of Heart &Soul Candies Chocolates.
- Check out the H&S widget and let me know a craft, fun fact, or party tip that you like.
- For ONE bonus entry, follow H&S Candies on Twitter and leave a comment with your Twitter handle or ““Like” H&S Candies on Facebook and leave a comment with your FB name. Feel free to drop a note telling them The WiC Project sent you. 🙂
- For ONE more bonus entry, subscribe to The WiC Project via reader or via email and/or “Like” The WiC Project on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know that you have.
For up to TWO Bonus Entries
The Rules: Giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST, February 18, 2011. Visit our Giveaway Rules page for general giveaway rules that also apply to this giveaway.
Disclaimer: This post consists of my (and/or fellow tester) opinions only. Your experiences may be different. No compensation was given for this review/giveaway. I did receive a free product from the manufacturer or their representing PR agency to use and test for the purposes of this review. This did not affect the outcome of this review.