If you love chocolate and you love peanut butter, then you’ve probably had a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup – the perfect blend of peanut-ty, and chocolate-y flavors combined in a short, muffin-like package. As a child, I grew up with the Original Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Since then, Hershey’s has launched a few more ways to eat the great Reese’s flavors. They now offer not only the original Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, but also a Dark Chocolate Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, the Reese’s Big Cup, Reese’s Pieces, and many more types of Reese’s.
We had the opportunity to try the original and Dark Chocolate Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, a Reese’s Big Cup, Reese’s Pieces, and a Reese’s Crispy Crunchy. It was hard to choose a favorite between the different types of Reese’s products because they were all so good.
- First up, was the Reese’s Big Cup – since we only had one, we decided to do rock, paper, scissors to determine who would get to eat the big one. Having that extra bit of peanut butter was worth fighting for!
- I loved the twist to the cup that came with the dark chocolate. I was surprised that the dark chocolate flavor was so distinct in the Dark Chocolate Reese’s cup while still blending well with the peanut butter flavor.
- The other testers quickly gobbled up the original Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, which has the tried and true combination of milk chocolate and peanut butter.
- I think that the Reese’s pieces are my favorite, though. I love the convenience of the tiny pieces that you can just keep pop, pop, popping in your mouth.
- They don’t have chocolate but the peanut butter flavor is wonderful as a stand-alone flavor. Finally, there’s the Crispy Crunchy, which is a chocolate covered, crispy bar of peanut butter, peanuts, and peanut butter candy.
To celebrate America’s love for it’s number 1 selling candy bar, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups is trying to make May 18th I Love Reese’s Day. With National Peanut Butter Day in March and National Chocolate Day in July, May is the appropriate time for I Love Reese’s Day, honoring the wonderful combination of both flavors.
From now until May 17, 2010 fans can visit www.ILoveReesesDay.com to sign an online petition to declare May 18th I Love Reese’s Day. As part of theI Love Reese’s Day celebration, Reese’s will randomly be giving away Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups to up to 10,000 visitors of www.ILoveReesesDay.com. I Love Reese’s Day will also kick off their Reese’s Loves You Back campaign that gives Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup lovers a chance to win up to $2 million in cash prizes between June and December 31, 2010.
Reese’s are currently sold in grocery, drug and convenience stores nationwide. For more information about Reese’s, please visit www.reeses.com.
What’s Cooking at DD I Love Reese’s Giveaway
The Prize: TWO winners will receive a collection of Reese’s products including:
- Reese’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Reese’s Big Cup Peanut Butter Cups
- Reese’s Pieces Candies
- Reese’s Crispy and Crunchy Bar
- THIS ENTRY IS REQUIRED FOR ALL OTHER ENTRIES TO BE VALID (+1): Remember to post this as a comment. Visit www.Reeses.com and tell me which Reese’s product you like the best or would like to try.
Use this ENTRY FORM to earn credit for the following extra entries! I will be diligently removing non-qualifying entries from the comment section. Consider yourself warned. 🙂
- Sign the I Love Reese’s Day petition at www.ILoveReesesDay.com. (+1)
- Post this giveaway on your blog (+3)
- Tweet about this giveaway using the “retweet” link at the top of this post or by tweeting “I love my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and I want May 18th to be I Love Reese’s Day! http://goo.gl/fb/h6ZHg” (+1)
- Subscribe to WCatDD (+1)
- Follow WCatDD on Twitter (+1)
- Fan our WCatDD Facebook Page (+1)
- Follow us on Google Friend Connect (+1)
- Follow us using Network Blogs (+1)
- Add the WCatDD button to Your Site (+2)
Two winners will be selected at random for this prize.
Giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST, May 23, 2010.
Visit our Giveaway Rules page for general giveaway rules that also apply to this giveaway.
Disclaimer: This post consists of my (and/or fellow tester) opinions only. No compensation was given for this review/giveaway. I did receive free Reese’s products from the manufacturer or representing PR agency to use and test for the purposes of this review. This did not affect the outcome of this review.