If you are one of the lucky people to have an Apple iPhone or iPod touch, then you know that one of the great things about them are the applications that are developed just for those devices. One such application is PixyMe – a fun application that enables you to send customized postcard either digitally or via snailmail.
I haven’t had the opportunity to test out the application on an actual iPod Touch or iPhone, but I have poked around their website a bit and was very impressed by the graphic capabilities. The designer in me sits back and ponders how they even do that (I think it’s essentially custom fonts, but how do they adjust for the size of the butterfly wings?) There are two options you can use to create your custom cards – either by using your own picture or by using one of their built in pictures. Once you have the card designed you can either email it or have PixyMe mail it for you as an actual postcard.
Here are the official details:
PixyMe eCards & Postcards are the perfect way to send a smile.
PixyMe is THE first application of its kind to hit the app store. With exciting new technology, it is now possible to incorporate a person’s name directly into an image with amazing realism, making it look as if it was part of the original photograph! This incredible advancement in technology is a first for the iPhone and iPod touch. Not only that, but it is one of the easiest and most fun to use applications.
Special Introductory Price: $1.99
PixyMe is designed to make people smile. The application comes loaded with over 100 images that allow you to share your personalized creation electronically with your friends and family through email or your Facebook account. However, the images you create aren’t limited to just the digital world; PixyMe also allows you to use your personalized image to create an actual postcard with a custom message that is printed and mailed to anyone in the world that you would like to make smile.
Just imagine for a moment, your name written in the snowy windshield on a car after a winter storm, only this time you didn’t have to brave the cold to take the picture. PixyMe is the most unique image/name personalization messaging application available for the iPhone and iPod touch; guaranteed to bring a smile to the face of your friends and family. The power of PixyMe is its uniqueness and creative approach to picture personalization. You’ve got to see and try it for yourself. When people first see this technology, they are “wowed” by its stunning realism! Just select any one of the images in the application, type in any name you like and watch as it appears directly in the image.
Images are available in a variety of categories and new images are always being created and added. Be sure to check the App Store for updates to PixyMe often. If you want to use your own photo or a photo from your library, PixyMe can do that too! PixyMe includes several custom picture frames that allow you to wrap personalization around your own photos to create something that is uniquely yours.
Using PixyMe is as simple as 1-2-3:
1. Choose one of the PixyMe images you like Or Choose a photo from your library or your camera & select a PixyMe frame.
2. Type in a name to personalize.
3. Tap send to order a printed postcard, send an electronic postcard via email, post your image on Facebook, or select save and your image will be sent to your camera roll (which allows you to send it in an MMS message).
Go to www.pixyme.com to try it for yourself and to view a complete tutorial. PixyMe postcards are 4.25” X 5.625”, printed on a gorgeous card stock, and mailed First Class anywhere in the world with a real stamp.
PixyMe printed postcards are created and produced in the USA. Postcards can be delivered anywhere in the world. Postcards that are delivered to a destination in the USA cost $1.99. Postcards that are delivered to any other destination outside of the USA are $2.99.
If you would like to give PixyMe a try, you can test it out on their website www.pixyme.com, download it from the iTunes store for $1.99 or win a free copy of the application in the WCatDD PixyMe Custom Postcard Giveaway!
One winner will receive a voucher to download the PixyMe application FREE.
Make sure you follow the directions carefully. All giveaway entries should use the ENTRY FORM. You only need to fill out the ENTRY FORM once, unless you decide to additional earn extra entries at a later time. You can earn up to 18 entries into the WCatDD PixyMe Custom Postcard Giveaway by doing one, some or all of the following:
Ways to Earn Entries:
Make sure you use this ENTRY FORM for your entries to count!
- THIS ENTRY IS REQUIRED FOR ALL OTHER ENTRIES TO BE VALID (+1): Try PixyMe with your name at www.pixyme.com and tell me which of the 12 sample images you liked the best.
- Send a smile to a friend via the PixyMe website (+1)
- Leave a review in the PixyMe Community Section (+1)
- Become a PixyMe Facebook Fan (+1)
- Follow PixyMe Twitter (+1)
- Post this giveaway on your blog (+3)
- Tweet about this giveaway using the “retweet” link at the top of this post or by tweeting “Creating and sending custom postcards with the @WCatDD and @PixyMe Giveaway! http://bit.ly/cqtS8O” (+1)
- Subscribe to WCatDD (+1)
- Follow WCatDD on Twitter (+1)
- Fan our WCatDD Facebook Page (+1)
- Follow us on Google Friend Connect (+1)
- Follow us using Network Blogs (+1)
- Add the WCatDD button to Your Site (+2)
- ONE TIME BONUS: Vote for us for the Web’s Top Giveaway Blogs (+2). After voting, don’t forget to comment on this post as well for your chance to win $100 if we win!
One winner will be selected at random for this prize.
Giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST, February 19, 2010.
Visit our Giveaway Rules page for general giveaway rules that also apply to this giveaway.
Disclaimer: This post consists of my (and/or fellow tester) opinions only. Your experiences may be different. No compensation was given for this review/giveaway.