If you recall, a few months ago I started the Bistro MD program. Bistro MD is a meal delivery program that delivers pre-portioned, pre-made meals frozen to your door to make sure that you eat healthy. It’s supposed to be a weight-loss program but I’ve been using them as a healthy-eating program – meaning a way to ensure that I eat the proper amount of the right foods.
I’ve eaten some really delicious meals and some really not-so-delicious meals but have decided to stick with it. I haven’t posted pictures or reviews of the meals because some of the meals got really repetitive and I also got a little bit lazy. I’ve definitely learned what my favorite meals are: Buckwheat Berry Pancaks, Steak Wraps, Thai Chicken, and most of their snacks. I’ve learned what meals I will absolutely not eat: Spinach Ricotta Crepes, Spinach Turkey Meatloaf, and Philly Cheesesteak Chicken.
Since Bistro MD isn’t exactly cheap, it’s important that they are able to adjust to my picky tastes and needs. I must say that they probably have some of the best customer service I’ve ever experienced.
- First, they are able to send me more of my favorite foods and eliminate all of the meals I don’t like. This is a big deal because I honestly just tossed the foods I didn’t like, which was a big (and very bad) waste of food and money.
- Next, they were able to adjust my snacks. After I realized I had stock-piled about 10 of the soy cheerio-type crisps, I figured out that I wasn’t a huge fan of them. They were able to stop those from shipping as well.
- Thirdly, I decided to try to increase my protein intake and their delicious Health-Wise protein shakes taste waaaaay better than any protein drink you would buy at GNC. They were able to add more protein shakes to me order
- Fourthly (wow…I can’t believe I’m writing fourthly), they even accommodate my lateness. You’re supposed to contact them by 5PM on Wednesday if you need to delay your order. I oftentimes call or email at 6PM and they are still able to get in the order hold. I realize I’m pressing my luck, but I really appreciate that they make that effort.
- Fifthly (geez…fifthly,) since I’ve fallen a little behind, I needed to put my meals on hold for a couple of weeks. But they are still able to send me my protein shakes! So flexible that I gotta love it.
- Finally, EVERY single customer service agent I’ve spoken to on the phone has been utterly and completely delightful. I have to give big shout outs to Jessica and Anita. They are so helpful and friendly that I actually find myself falling into easy conversation with them, making it feel like they care that I’m an actual person, not just a customer. Thank you to those ladies and to every Bistro MD customer service person who has been patient with me. 🙂
If you are thinking about trying a diet/meal delivery program, I definitely recommend you check out Bistro MD. They truly work with you to make sure that you are getting healthy food that you’ll actually eat. 🙂
P.S. If you’re interested in trying them, shoot me an email through the contact form. I might be able to get you $50 off your first order.