I woke up this morning with my mind on baking. I was a woman on a mission to create an amazing Halloween recipe packed with some of my favorite treats. A friend and I hopped into the car and drove up to the nearest Walmart. Items on my shopping list for this baking endeavor were the new M&M’s Candy Corn White Chocolate, chocolate, pretzels, Oreos, and sprinkles. The goal: M&M’s Candy Corn Bark (which from this point forward will be called the “Barkin’ Good M&M’s Halloween Bark.)
We walked into the store and packed the cart with the items we needed to bake the recipe, plus a few more household items. (Nothing exciting – sadly just baggies and cleaning products.) If you are lucky, your local Walmart has the new M&M’s Candy Corn White Chocolate Candies. Sadly, my Walmart isn’t quite as well stocked as some others, so I had to settle for fall color M&M’s. We checked out and head back home.
I immediately got the ingredients ready. M&M’s? Check. Mini pretzels? Check. Chocolate? Check and check. I prepared the cookie sheet by putting down a sheet of wax paper, then added all the mix-ins onto the sheet. I melted the chocolate in the microwave and then poured it over all of the mix-ins. Finally, top with more M&M’s and cool sprinkles.
The result? Decadent and delicious Barkin’ Good Halloween Bars packed with all of the best goodies. I know it’s packed with things we should be “trying” to cut back on, but seriously…something that tastes this awesome is meant to be eaten and enjoyed!
To see more of my adventure, check out my “Barkin’ Good” slideshow!
Barkin’ Good M&M’s Halloween Bark Recipe
Barkin’ Good M&M’s Halloween Bark
2 cups M&M’s (try the M&M’s Candy Corn White Chocolate!)
1 cup of mini pretzels, crushed
10 Oreos, crushed (the orange Halloween ones add some good color too!)
1 pound of semi-sweet chocolate
- Line a 13″ x 9″ cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Crush pretzels and Oreos.
- Mix 1 1/4 cup M&M’s, pretzels and Oreos in a bowl, then pour onto the cookie sheet. (Save 3/4 cup of M&M’s for toppings.)
- Melt the chocolate. In a microwave, you can put the chocolate in a bowl, nuke for ~1 minute, stir, and repeat until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over the mix-ins on the cookie sheet. Use spatula to spread the chocolate evenly.
- Top with the rest of your M&M’s and the sprinkles.
- Put the pan into the refrigerator to set. (This step won’t take long.)
- When the chocolate is firm, take out the pan and carefully break your Barkin’ Good Halloween Bars into piece.
- Serve as great party snacks or store for safe keeping.
Disclaimer: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias #CBias. This post consists of my (and/or fellow tester) opinions only. Your experiences may be different. This did not affect the outcome of this review.