Basic Potato Soup
2 cups stock or reduced-sodium broth
1 1/4 lbs. white potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small carrot, peeled and chopped
1 cup fat-free half and half or milk
1/2 teaspoon thyme or Italian seasoning
Sea salt or garlic salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan.
2. Chop vegetables while broth is heating, then add to saucepan.
3. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
4. Let cool slightly, then puree until smooth, or until soup is desired consistency.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook for 5 minutes more.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board (USPB) – www.potatogoodness.com.