My friends and I enjoy grilling. Neither rain, nor wind, nor snow (yes – we’ve actually grilled while it’s snowing) has stopped us from enjoying freshly grilled ‘dogs and burgers. Of course when you grill that often, you need to get creative with your recipes – mix things up a little bit to keep your palette happy and interested.
This recipe was inspired by one of my friends who LOVES breakfast. If given the choice, he would eat breakfast for each meal of the day, and he probably has at some point. With this burger, we’re giving a nod to our favorite breakfast foods. You can serve this recipe with baked beans, but another great option is the new Tangy Carolina BBQ chips from Lay’s.
Lay’s has just introduced 7 new, regionally inspired flavors which includes: Honey Mustard, Chipotle Ranch, and Cajun Herb & Spice. I think the northwestern inspired Balsamic Sweet Onion sounds delicious. The new Lay’s Regional Flavored potato chips are made with all natural ingredients and 0 grams of transfats. I’ve only tasted Tangy Caroline BBQ so far and they are GOOD – definitely tangy, providing a nice twist on the traditional BBQ.
Better than Breakfast Burger Recipe
~1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup of Mesquite Marinade
4 slices cheddar cheese
4 Hamburger Buns
- Beat egg.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, and marinade. (Hint: Mixing with your hands is easier.)
- Wrap bowl and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After the meat has marinated, remove from refrigerator and shape the meat into four large patties.
- Cook patties on grill or on the stove over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, lightly butter the hamburger buns and broil (or grill) them until just brown.
- When the burgers are almost done, place one slice of cheese on top of each patty.
- To build your burger, place the patty with cheese on the bun, then top with 1 sunny-side up egg, and 2 strips of bacon.
8 strips thick bacon
- Cooking bacon in a skillet or in the oven.
- Use some of the bacon grease to oil the bottom of a small frying pan.
- Cook eggs sunny-side up, sprinkling with seasoning salt before flipping.
- Set toppings aside until burgers are cooked.
The WiC Project Lay’s Regional Flavor Chips Giveaway
One winner will receive a variety pack of Lay’s Regional Flavors potato chips!
This giveaway is now closed.
Disclaimer: This post consists of my (and/or fellow tester) opinions only. Your experiences may be different. This post is part of the Tastes from Home with Frito-Lay recipe contest. I will receive free chips from Frito-Lay for participating in the event.