While the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate will always have a special place in my recipe book, sometimes I want a cup of hot chocolate that is a little more decadent. Something a little richer with more of a chocolate flavor. When that happens, there’s only one way to make chocolate – using “traditional” ingredients of chocolate and milk. Here’s a hot chocolate recipe for some decadent hot chocolate that will satisfy your chocolate craving with a little hint of something extra.
Decadent Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup of lowfat milk
- 3 ounces SCHARFFEN BERGER 70% Cacao Bittersweet or 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped or broken
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients into the Mr. Coffee Cocomotion. Turn it on and let it do the work!
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate with one cup of the milk over med-low heat while stirring constantly.
- After the chocolate has melted, increase to medium heat and add the remainder of the milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon, while stirring rapidly. Do not let boil.