We’ve been doing a lot of grilling recently. Whether it’s the grill-top in the kitchen or the charcoal grill in the yard, grilling goes hand-in-hand with summer, friends, family, and great weather. We continued our adventures in grilling this season by trying a new recipe for Teriyaki Pineapple Turkey Cheeseburgers using Dole Pineapple. I’ve never cooked a turkey burger before. In fact, I very rarely cook with turkey, so this was going to be a new adventure for me.
First, I head out to the local Safeway for a little ingredient shopping.
Fortunately, they had a lot of Dole canned fruit options, including mandarin oranges, tropical fruit, and pineapple. I grabbed a can of Dole Pineapple Slices, which would be grilled and would top my burger.
Once I got all the ingredients home, I was ready for cooking.
First, I mixed up the marinade using 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice from the Dole Pineapple slices and 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce.
Next, everything got mixed together in a bowl – turkey, panko, ginger, and some of the marinade.
The meat was shaped into burger patties and went onto the grill. During the entire grilling process, I basted the burgers with the rest of the marinade mix. This ensured the burgers were nice and moist.
Once the burgers were done, I grilled up some pineapple slices. These char really nicely really quickly, so they don’t need to be on there for too long.
Next, assemble your burger! Buns, meat, cheese, pineapple. YUM. If you want, you can add some lettuce to the burger, but it’s tasty without as well.
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 pounds ground turkey or chicken
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 8 whole grain hamburger buns
- 8 slices Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Drain pineapple; reserve ½ cup juice. Reserve 2 pineapple slices for snack or other use.
- Stir together teriyaki sauce and reserved pineapple juice in small bowl.
- Mix together turkey, ginger, bread crumbs and ¼ cup teriyaki mixture. Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill patties, brushing with remaining teriyaki mixture, until brown and cooked through. Place pineapple slices on grill and cook until lightly golden brown.
- Serve burgers on buns with cheese and pineapple.
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Dole #CBias #SocialFabric. All opinions are my own.