People are getting busier every day, but that doesn’t mean you can’t eat healthy or lose weight. If you’re not careful, you can really get out of control with your weight and even your health. If you’ve ever fallen off track with your diet, you know how hard it can be to get back on track. But you can still eat healthily and eat tasty meals even if you don’t have a lot of time to cook. There are a lot of really easy recipes out there that can help you eat healthy in a short amount of time.
However, if you still don’t have time you can always rely on a quality meal delivery service to provide cheap meal kits. Dinnerly is a great service and many people recommend it. Plus, you’ll have a little bit more time to work out if you have a healthy meal to keep you going! In this blog, we’re going to take a look at some of the tastiest, healthiest meals that you can make in under 10 minutes.
Tips for preparing quick healthy meals
There are a lot of interesting recipes for a quick dinner that can be cooked in 10 minutes. Here are a few ideas for a quick dinner for one or two people. For a quick dinner, you can make a big portion of rice or pasta, add a few eggs and vegetables, and you have a single-portion dinner for lunch the next day.
Fruits and vegetables are essential components of a healthy diet. The carbohydrates they contain are broken down into simple sugars during digestion, which is used to produce energy. But there are lots of other nutrients, including fiber, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals, which are important for good health. The problem with getting enough fruits and vegetables is that they are not always readily available or convenient. This is why many people choose to buy them pre-cut, pre-washed, pre-packaged, already prepared, or frozen. You can get these as well as a less favorable yet still good source of vitamins and minerals to manage your busy life to cut back on time and provide your body what it needs.
The key to staying healthy is to not just stop doing something when you get busy, but to find ways to stay healthy when you’re busy. One of the biggest problems of busy people is the lack of time for cooking healthy meals, as most of our time is spent at work or doing some other things. However, this doesn’t have to be the case as it is very possible to still stick to a healthy diet. Health is a big thing that should be taken into consideration by everyone. And it is not only related to the body, but to the mind as well. It is not always easy to do sports and maintain a healthy diet, especially if you have a busy schedule. Below are a few simple recipes for you, so you can eat healthy and workout, but still have a tight schedule!
Here are a few other worthwhile quick food preparing tips to consider:
- Use wholesome ingredients.
- Make your favorites.
- Having a cookbook can improve your eating habits
- Preparing your food overnight can save you time
- Make meals you can eat out of a bowl
10-minute dinner recipes that are healthy and delicious
Red beans and rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 pound sliced kielbasa
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 15 oz. cans kidney beans
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- Dash of oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Serves four
- Bring the water to a boil and add the rice. Cook it on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Cook the kielbasa for five minutes over medium high heat
- Add all the vegetables to the beans
- Then add all the spices and simmer for 15 minutes
- Serve with rice.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- serves four
- Fry onion in a saucepan with melted butter for 8 minutes. Add salt and pepper
- Add rice. After 2 minutes add half the broth and stir for 10 minutes
- Gradually add the remaining broth and repeat the procedure
- Just add parmesan and serve.
One-pot chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole
- 4 cups leftover cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. cooked chicken (rotisserie)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Just mix the following in a casserole dish and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
10-minute breakfast recipes that can be prepared quickly
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded cheese
Everybody knows how to make a scrambled egg. It’s the easiest egg breakfast to make. But if you didn’t know, all you have to do is,
- Combine as many eggs as you’d like in a bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- Toss it around in a buttered skillet until they are solid yet moist and not dry.
- Add cheese by sprinkling at the end as an add-on.
Egg and bean burritos
- Scrambled eggs with cheese
- 15 oz. black beans
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
Just make scrambled eggs and add all the ingredients to the tortillas to make your own quick breakfast sandwiches.
Easy, healthy, and inexpensive recipes that you can make to save time
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of butter and place it over medium high heat. Next add the carrots, onion, red pepper and mushrooms and stir these together well for 10 minutes. While you’re doing this, make sure to cook your pasta according to the box’s instructions about how al dente pasta should be served. After the previous ingredients have cooked onto the side for 10 minutes then add in the tuna, spinach and peas to let them all cook until just wilted.
- In the same pan, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in broth and cream. Bring to a boil, cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes, Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper. Pour over pasta; toss to coat.
Grilled Basil Chicken and Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until you have pureed them well.
- Add 4 of the tomatoes as well and grill the remaining. Then cover the chicken with the marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grill the chicken after removing the marinade 5-6 minutes each side over 165°. On the same rake grill tomatoes covered. Serve.
Conclusion: It can be hard to eat healthy if you’re always on the go. Make eating healthy easier by stocking your kitchen with healthy recipes that take less than 10 minutes to prepare.