Grilled Pork Tournedo with Magners Cider Reduction
9 oz. Center Cut Pork Loin, boneless
1 slice of applewood smoked bacon
1 Granny Smith apple
1/2 cup cooked orzo
1 bunch of watercress
1/4 cup of wild mushrooms
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 c. Magners Cider
salt & papper
1 small shallot
1/2 c. veal stock of pork gravy mix
1. Wrap the circumference of the pork loin with bacon. Season with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. Place on hot grill and cook till diamond marks appear. Turn and cook until medium (or desired temperature.)
2. In a pan, right on the grill, saute wild mushrooms in half tablespoon of butter until cooked. Add cooked orzo and saute again. Add splash of Magners cider to keep moist. Toss in watercress and set aside.
3. Peel and cut apple into quarter and brush with olive oil and place on grill. Do not season with salt and pepper. Cook, but keep firm.
4. For sauce, reduce the Magers Cider with shallots by half and add veal stock or pork gravy. Mix and reduce until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Whisk in the remaining butter.
5. To plate, spoon desired amount of orzo into center of plate. Place the cooked pork tournedos on top of the orzo. Place three pieces of the apple around the plate. Spoon sauce around.
Recipe courtesy of Magners Irish Cider – www.magners.com.