Herb-Crusted Roast Beef
4 1/2 – 5 lb boneless rump roast
2 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
2 1/3 cups water, divided
2 tsp. beef bouillon granules
1/4-1/3 cup flour
1. Put the roast with the fat side up, in an ungreased roasting pan.
2. Mix together the cloves, mustard, lemon juice, oil, and Worcestershire sauce; stir to mix well.
3. Pour over and evenly coat the roast.
4. In a bowl, add the next 6 ingredients; mixing well.
5. Rub herb mixture over roast.
6. Bake roast, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours or until desired degree of doneness.
7. Remove from oven and place roast on a warm serving platter.
8. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
9. Add 2 cups water and bouillon granules to pan drippings.
10. Bring mixture to a boil.
11. Mix together flour and 1/3 cup of water; stirring until smooth; gradually add to pan.
12. Cook until bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly.
13. Slice roast and serve with gravy.
Recipe courtesy of Recipezaar (www.recipezaar.com.)