Hot Spinach Dip
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 Tablespoons chopped onion
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cans (13.5 oz. each) Popeye Spinach, drain well, reserving 1/2 cup liquid
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 roll (6 oz.) jalapeno cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon celery salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Dash of red pepper
1. Combine butter, onion, and flour. Stir well and cook about 1 minute.
2. Gradually add reserved spinach liquid and evaporated milk; cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
3. Add cheese and seasonings to sauce, stirring until cheese is melted. Add spinach, mixing well.
4. Serve hot with party crackers or fresh vegetables.
5. May add fresh or canned chopped mushrooms.
Recipe courtesy of Allen’s Quality Vegetables