I enjoy making treats and snacks that align with the seasons, but there’s only so many leaf cookies you can make for fall. I discovered a wonderful, easy, and fun recipe to make a quick chocolate treat that is perfect for any fall parties.
- 1 Bag of Hershey's Kisses (for an extra kick, use the caramel filled Kisses)
- 1 Bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 Box of Mini Nilla Wafers
- Put about ¼ cup of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips in a microwave-safe container. Microwave in increments of 5 seconds, stirring each time, until the chips are melted into a paste.
- Dip or smear the mixture onto the bottom of an unwrapped Hershey's Kiss.
- Quickly place the Kiss on the flat side of a Mini Nilla Wafer. Set aside and let it rest. (You can repeat steps 3&4 so you have a bunch of acorns waiting for stems.)
- Dip or smear the mixture onto the bottom of a Reese's Peanut Butter Chip.
- Quickly place the chip in the center of the rounded side of the Mini Nilla Wafer.
- After all acorns are assembled, let it cool them harden in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
This is an easy treat to make using only three ingredients – Mini Nilla Wafers, Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips, and Hershey’s Kisses.
First, you’ll need to melt down some of the chips. You’ll use this mixture as a glue to stick the kiss and the chip to the wafer. I started out with 20 seconds and then 5 seconds after that, making sure to stir each time. It took a total of 35 seconds for my chips to melt down. Then comes the fun part. Dip the flat side of the Hershey’s Kiss into the melted peanut butter chips. You can also use a knife to smear it on.
Then quickly place the Kiss onto the flat side of the Mini Nilla Wafer. Try to center it so the wafer makes a nice “acorn shell.”
I made several of these acorn portions at once and set them aside to let the peanut butter mix harden a little so the Kiss wouldn’t slide off the wafer. Next, it’s time to put on the “stems.”
Dip the flat side of a peanut butter chip into the melted chips, and quickly put it in the center of the rounded side of a Mini Nilla Wafer.
Once all of the acorns have stems, put them into the fridge for about 10 minutes to let them harden.
If you’ve found that the melted peanut butter chips have hardened, you can nuke again in increments of 5 seconds until it is smoother and easier to work with. Also, chocolate melts, so try to dip and place the Kiss onto the wafer as quickly as possible, otherwise (or fortunately?) you’ll end up with some melted chocolate on your fingers.