Pecan Asparagus Rice Salad
4 cups long grain white rice
4 cups chicken stock
4 cups water
2½ lbs of fresh asparagus, cut in 2 inch pieces
3 cups frozen green peas
1½ cups pecan pieces
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
12 green onions, chopped
2 bunches spinach leaves, washed and dried
1 cup olive oil
1 cup lemon juice
1 cup non fat sour cream
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp lemon zest
1. Bring water and chicken stock to a boil in a large pot, add rice, reduce heat and simmer covered 15 min or until rice is tender. Cool.
2. Steam cut asparagus for 2 min and blanch in ice water, drain.
3. Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
4. Combine, cooled rice, with the prepared vegetables (not spinach), cilantro and pecans, pour ¾ of the dressing over and toss to coat rice. Cover and chill.
5. To serve, line a large platter with spinach leaves, top with a mound of rice salad and drizzle remaining dressing.