Recipes copied from www.dreamdinners.com.
Roasted Red Potato Salad
3 lb. new red potatoes (approx. 12 ea., 2″-3″ diameter)
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 C. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 C. fresh chives, minced
1. Scrub potatoes. Toss in large bowl with 2 Tbsp. oil, 1 Tbsp. rosemary, and salt and pepper.
2. Roast potatoes whole, 400F for 25-45 minutes or until tender. Cool to room temperature. Alternatively, cook over medium heat on grill, wrapped lossely in aluminum foil, approx. 45 min. or until tender.
3. Quarter or halve potatoes (depending on size) and place in large bowl.
4. Mix mayonnaise with remaining rosemary, lemon juice, mustard and chives. Spoon over potatoes and toss to coat.
Cheesy Corn Bread
1 ea., 8-1/2 oz. box corn muffin mix
1 C. cheedar cheese or jack cheese, grated
1 C. whole kernel corn, frozen
1. Follow directions on package. (Note: May substitute buttermilk for milk)
2. Stir in corn and cheese.
3. Bake according to directions on package.
4. Serve warm.
Summer Rice Salad
1 C. long grain brown rice, raw
1/2 C. dried cranberries
1/2 C. pistachio nuts
1/4 C. red onion, minced
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1/2 C. canned chick pease (garbanzos), drained
1/2 ea. red pepper, cored, seeded, minced
1/3 C. red wine vinaigrette (commercial brand)
1/4 C. fresh basil, minced
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside uncovered to cool to room temperature.
2. Place cooled rice, cranberries, nuts, onion, garlic, chick peas, and red pepper in large bowl.
3. Drizzle dressing over rice mixture, toss. Serve, or cover and chill.
Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
10 C. (10 oz. wt.) baby spinach, prewashed
1/2 C. mandarin oranges, drained
1/3 C. candied almonds (commercial brand)
1/3 C. poppy seed dressing (to taste, commercial brand)
1. Layer salad ingredients in bowl.
2. Toss lightly with desired quantity of dressing.
3. Serve immediately.