Brought to you by Liberty Mutual in honor of National Fire Safety Month
Serve with Firehouse Three Cheese Pasta and Meatballs
1 large head romaine lettuce leaves separated
1 egg lightly beaten
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
4 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
¾ cup Garlic croutons (recipe follows)
1. Rinse the lettuce and dry. Refrigerate wrapped in paper towels for several hours to crisp the leaves.
2. Whisk the raw egg, garlic, lemon juice, add oil slowly whisking to blend and pour
into the bottom of a large salad bowl.
3. Add the lettuce and anchovies, and toss thoroughly with the dressing.
4. Add the cheese and toss again.
5. Sprinkle with the croutons and serve immediately.
Pass the peppermill.
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 cups stale bread cubes (about ½ inch)
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried parsley
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the bread cubes and cook, tossing constantly with a wooden spoon, for 3 to 4 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low.
2. Add the garlic and parsley.
Continue to cook the croutons, tossing frequently, until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
Remove to a bowl and toss with the Parmesan.
Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Recipe copied from www.dreamdinners.com.