1/4 C. red wine vinegar
1/2 C. olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
3 C. 1-inch cubes day-old, crusty Italian Bread
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 medium cucumber, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
3/4 lb. Roma Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
4 to 6 Romaine Leaves, coarsely torn
1/3 C. Kalamata Olives
6 Tbsp. grated Parmesan Cheese
1. In a small bowl, whisk together salad dressing ingredients. Set aside.
2. In a large serving bowl, mix together salad ingredients.
3. Whisk dressing before adding to salad. Mix thoroughly.
A perfect side dish for the Steak Gorgonzola.
MIXED ROASTED VEGETABLES (Serves 6)
1½ lb. red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 carrots, peeled, and cut into ¾-inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
6 large garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
3 Tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. thyme
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Spread vegetables in a roasting pan or baking sheet in a single layer.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme, salt and black pepper. Using your hands, toss vegetables to coat evenly.
4. Roast for 15 minutes, stir thoroughly. Roast 10 to 15 minutes more, until vegetables are golden and caramelized.
Goes great with our Pork Chops with Sweet Ginger and Apples.
SOUR CREAM CORNBREAD (For one 9-inch pan)
1 C. cornmeal
1 C. flour
1/3 C. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 C. sour cream
¼ C. milk
¼ C. melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Spray a 9-inch baking dish with pan spray.
3. In a medium-mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
4. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients, and stir into the dry ingredients.
5. Pour batter into pan, and bake for 25 to 30 min.
Side suggestion for Shrimp & Sausage Jambalaya
Recipes copied from www.dreamdinners.com.