2 med. onions, sliced 1/4″ thick (about 4 cups)
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided; (1Tbsp each)
5 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 6″-8″ zucchini, cut into 1/4″ slices
2 6″-8″ yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4″ slices
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. fresh thyme (1 Tbsp. dry)
1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1. Saute onions in large frying pan with 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat until limp and beginning to brown (about 12-15 min.).
2. While onions are cooking, slice tomatoes, place in single layer in bottom of sprayed, shallow 9″x 13″ baking pan.
3. Slice zucchini, place in single layer over tomatoes.
4. Slice yellow summer squash and place in single layer over zucchini and sprinkle with thyme.
5. Layer cooked onions over yellow summer squash.
6. Drizzle with remaining olive oil; add pepper and salt, and top with cheese.
7. Cover dish and bake at 350F for 1 hour or until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender.
Copied from Dream Dinners Healthy Moments Newsletter*.
*.pdf download from dreamdinners.com