We’re excited to share with you some special recipes courtesy of Chef Danielle. You can view more delicious recipes on her website – www.whatscookingorem.com. We’ll be adding all of these recipes to a new category on our recipe page titled “Chef Danielle’s Recipes.”
4 Tbsp butter
4 cups chopped yellow onion
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups milk
3 lbs frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in a deep saute pan over med heat.
3. Add the onions and saute until translusent, about 15 min.
4. Add the flour and nutmeg and cook, stirring for 2 more minutes.
5. Add the cream and milk slowly and cook until thickened.
6. Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the spinach and add the spinach to the sauce.
7. Add 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and mix well.
8. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
9. Transfer the spinach to a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan and the Gruyere on top. (You can do everything up to this point two days in advance and then finish bake it just before dinner)
10. Bake for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Serve immediately.
Recipe copied with permission from www.whatscookingorem.com.