Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
“Christmastime means cookies are in the oven just for me! The smell of yummy morsels makes me want to hum “Deck The Halls” while my tummy starts to grumble.” says Larry the Cucumber ” I like to paint my cookies with colorful icing – or if time’s a wastin’, simply sprinkle ’em with colored sugar. “
Bob & Larry’s Yummy Christmas Cookies Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour and salt with a wire whisk.
3. In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed.
4. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until well blended. Scrape down sides of bowl, then add the flour mixture.
5. Blend on low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
6. Gather dough into a ball. Flatten the ball into a disk and wrap tightly in plastic wrap or a plastic bag.
7. Refrigerate one hour until firm.
8. On a floured surface, roll out dough to a 1/4 inch thickness.
9. With cookie cutters, cut dough into desired shapes and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
10. Decorate with colored sugars or sprinkles.
11. Bake for 13-15 minutes, being careful not to brown. Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool, flat surface.
Recipe courtesy of VeggieTales.